Friday, August 20, 2010

Tonight's Dinner - Grilled Pizza with Local Seasonal Vegetables and Local Mozzarella



How will I ever go back to oven baked pizza again?

For this grilled pizza I used my favorite recipe for whole wheat crust, rolled it out, and then carried it to the grill on this cutting board and flipped it over on the grill (the grill was about 450 degrees) and then I cooked for a few minutes. Using 2 spatchulas (or one big one) I flipped it over and grilled for a few more minutes. Then I removed it from the grill and added the toppings. Once toppings were added, I placed it back on the grill on a piece of foil until the cheese melted.


Here are a few different variations of the toppings I have been using on pizzas lately:

* Rao's Marinara, Grilled Onions, Peppers, Meatballs, Grilled Baby Zucchini and my favorite local fresh mozzarella Scotto's

* Garlic and Olive Oil (instead of red sauce), Slow Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Just Picked Basil, and fresh mozzarella & prosciutto

* Garlic and Olive Oil (instead of red sauce), Arugula tossed in lemon vinaigrette, fresh mozzarella, and prusciutto

* Caramelized onions, figs, fresh ricotta, and reduced balsamic vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment