Friday, August 13, 2010

Tonight's Dinner - Niman Ranch Hot Dog with Local Mustard, Local Corn and Just Picked Sauteed Swiss Chard


I never make hot dogs, don't get me wrong, I like hotdogs, but I am scared of what they are made with. So when I was recently at favorite cheese shop - Lucy's Whey in East Hampton and was asked if I like hot dogs (answered yes) they told me about their favorite mustard - Miss Amy's Blue Point Mustard from Blue Point, Long Island. According to Lucy, this mustard is great on hot dogs...

Then this morning when I was eating an amazing croissant at the Amagansett farmers market, I happened upon hot dogs from Niman Ranch and some Bubbies Sauerkrautt - dinner made easy.

These hot dogs are really great, but the mustard did make the dog, it was AMAZING - how exciting that its local!




Just Picked Sauteed Swiss Chard
I have made this swiss chard before, its so easy, quick and the kids really love it.

What you need:
1 Bunch of Swiss Chard chopped
1 Yellow Onion 2 if they are small thinly sliced
1 or 2 Apples peeled and thinly sliced
Olive Oil
Balsamic
Dried Cherries

Saute the onion in olive oil until brown then add apples and continue to cook until the apples are brown as well. Add in swiss chard, and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in dried apples and cherries. (This side dish is a big hit with my kids! Sometimes I pulse it a few times in a 1 cup food processor before adding in the cherries just to make it easier for them to chew it up.)


No comments:

Post a Comment