Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tonight's Dinner - Grilled Rosemary Crusted Lamb Chops over Local Roasted Tomato and White Bean Quinoa Stew

Tonight when I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner he answered, "lamb chops." Unable to head up to hudson valley for a local chop, I turned to the Amagansett Farmers Market. After bringing the chops home I lightly salted, peppered, and covered them in fresh rosemary and put them in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap. When the grill was hot (about 500 degrees) I grilled for 2.5 minutes on each side and served over this concoction I am calling:

Local Roasted Tomato and White Bean Quinoa Stew
What you need:
Serves 4
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
2 garlic cloves minced
8 medium tomatoes diced (I used all different types and colors of tomatoes because I happen to have so many right now)
1 can of organic white beans
1 cup of Quinoa
olive oil
water
salt
pepper

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium sauce pan and add in onions. Stir until translucent. Add in garlic, tomatoes and green pepper and continue stirring. Add in quinoa and water according to package (you can use 1/3 less water as the tomatoes have a lot of water.) Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and slowly cook for about 30 to 40 minutes. Add in drained white beans a few minutes before serving.

Click to enlarge

My husband said this was his favorite meal of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment