Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tonight's Dinner - Stuffed Local Peppers, Grilled Sausage and Slow Roasted Local Eggplant

Honestly I am not big on sausage and peppers... at least I wasn't until I made this version of the dish. Now that peppers are the new zucchini (meaning I have more than I know what to do with) tonight I made it my mission to get through as many as I could.

Click to enlarge

Stuffed Peppers
Serves 4
5 Peppers (or 9 if they are small) 1 diced and the rest left whole but tops cut out and middles removed
4 Tomatoes Diced
2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
1 Red Onion cut into a Small Dice
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Slices of fresh Mozzarella (1 for each pepper)
Handful of Basil Minced
2 cups of Brown Rice cooked according to package (2 cups yield after cooking)

Preheat over to 375 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place peppers on sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until cooked through but not turning brown, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, add olive oil, garlic, onions and peppers to a medium sauce pan and stir for about 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes. Stir and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes so that water from tomatoes begins to reduce and a sauce has formed.

Stir in cooked rice and remove from heat.

Fill each cooked pepper with the rice mixture. Top with fresh mozzarella and basil. Serve with grilled sausage and slow roasted eggplant wheels.

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment