Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tonight's Dinner - Local BBQ Chicken, Local Corn Fritters, and Grilled Local Zucchini

Nothing says summer around our house like BBQ Chicken and Corn Fritters! Its nice to be able to cook an entire meal with almost all local ingredients.

I grilled my favorite local chicken from Iacono Chicken Farm in East Hampton. Each time we have guests, they apologize for eating so much of this chicken. No apology necessary! It really is the best chicken I have ever eaten.

BBQ Chicken
Tonight I kept it simple and used a little salt, pepper and my new favorite BBQ sauce Hoboken Eddie's. Once the chicken was on the grill I brushed it with the sauce using a silicone grill brush.


Corn Fritters
I have been making this recipe for years, but tonight I left out the arugula salad. My husband just reminded me that the first time I made this recipe was in 2003 when we were in Maine with our friends Keith and Ellen. I prepared it with lobster right of the the trap.

1 comment:

  1. Jule! I made your corn fritters over the weekend...with a mint cilantro dipping sauce - they were incredible!

    Your BBQ chicken IS the best...hungry now just thinking of it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete